Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What could be the substitute for rice wine in Chinese recipes?

As a Muslim I can;t use anything made with wine or unless I am not completely sure that there is not wine in the stuff I am using. So what could be the possible substitute and please leave me your contact as I keep asking so many questions about cooking and home stuff.What could be the substitute for rice wine in Chinese recipes?
Just leave it out. There is nothing that is non-alcoholic that can be substituted for Chinese rice wine. If you've never had a dish with rice wine, you won't know any different.
Okay, I'm not a muslim, so you might want to run my answer by someone else in your faith.



Rice wine is not made from grapes. Somewhere along the line I got the impression the prohibition was against fermented grapes.



When you cook with wine, the alcohol in it burns off, so it is no longer alcoholic. So it won't cause drunkeness, and is not longer alcohol.



I think if you just substitue apple juice it will be too sweet...maybe half apple juice/half chicken broth?What could be the substitute for rice wine in Chinese recipes?
If you are completely prohibited from anything alcoholic, you can substitute an equal amount of broth (beef or chicken, depending on the recipe) with a few drops of rice vinegar and a few drops of soy sauce (literally a few drops - less than 1/8 tsp of each).
Apple juice or white grape juice 鈥?The acid in the juice acts as a tenderizer, making it an acceptable substitute for rice wine in stir-fry marinades. Again, the flavor won鈥檛 be quite the same.What could be the substitute for rice wine in Chinese recipes?
Rice Wine.Or the taste will be different.
Just drink it goddam.

No comments:

Post a Comment