Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is there any cantonese or chinese recipes with cinnamon?

I like to eat foods with cinnamon. Whether sweets, buns, arabic, indian or spicy dishes, I like them all. I always wonder if there are cantonese or chinese dishes with cinnamon spice. As an oversea HK chinese living in Germany I have not the best chances to see all the foods from HK or China. I would be glad if someone can post some good sites and recipes about it. Also chinese sites are fine for me.Is there any cantonese or chinese recipes with cinnamon?
There is an Asian cinnamon that is a bit bigger than regular cinnamon and has a completely different taste. It's dark brown instead of red, too. Chinese five spice has this type of cinnamon in it, I think. I've braised beef with cinnamon and soy sauce and it turned out fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment